Monday, March 17, 2008

My new Motto

So my kids have heard me say over and over again my favorite motto:

DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WANT OTHERS TO DO UNTO YOU. Great statement, and i totally believe in it. Then this morning, on my way to work, i heard the DJ say this:

IF YOU DO THE THINGS YOU DON'T WANT TO DO, BUT HAVE TO DO IT BECAUSE IT'S THE RIGHT THING TO DO, THEN YOU WILL BE BLESSED.

My whole life I have based my actions on this statement. This statement is so powerful...i hope each of you DO THE RIGHT THING, especially when it comes to other people's feelings. Always remember the long term effects of your actions. A perfect example of this is when my grandmother was in a nursing home. I hated to go to that place, i hated it with a passion. But to not go was the wrong thing to do, so i went, often. It was the right thing to do. Now when i look back, i am so glad that i had that time with my grandmother. But more importantly, it was my grandmother who benefited the most. It was the right thing to do, and i knew that.