Friday, June 19, 2009

A new discovery

I found a new store yesterday.
The Phoenicia Specialty Foods.
It's basically a huge middle eastern specialty store.
I would say it's like the Cosco or Sam's of the middle east.
Though there was not alot I could buy, it was a great find.
It's worth the field trip and you can eat there, as well:
12141 Westheimer Rd
Houston, TX 77077-6607
(281) 558-8225
Freshly made pita!!!!!!
What a set up...
the fabulous smell hits you as you walk in the door.


Of course, hookahs for the smokers...

Fresh fresh fruit and veggies.
The thin cucumbers are delicious and crisp.

I couldn't resist buying these fresh almonds.
They are soft, unlike the roasted ones we are use to.

I have never seen fresh garbanzos either, but I skipped
buying them since I already have plenty of dried ones.

I've seen chiclets from Mexico, this was a new twist,
one with middle eastern script. (arabic, I think)

Candy of all kinds...

Dried figs and much more dried fruit...