Tuesday, June 12, 2007

No knead to worry

Now that school is out, i find myself not on any routine. It's so hard not to get lazy in the summer....stay up late at night, sleep late in the morning, read a book, go out to eat.....but NO!!!!! i'm back with my trainer and the routine must go on. My 3 month pity party is now over, my neck is healed from the accident and I can start back at the gym. No more margaritas, no more cakes and cookies: the exercise and eating right has once again started. Hopefully by the time school resumes, I will once again be on my way to slim and trim. Better look now, because in 3 months, if i turn sideways, you won't be able to see me. LOL

Summer is a perfect time to try out new recipes. Here's a copy of my latest and favorite bread that I've made twice now. It is sooooooo good and it makes one loaf. (and i am allowed whole wheat bread....no knead to worry)


Easy and Decadent No-Knead Wheat Bread!

3 cups whole wheat flour

1/3 cup sugar

1/2 tablespoon salt

1 package dry yeast

1 teaspoon cinnamon (do not omit, this is the secret ingredient that makes this bread so fabulous)

1 2/3 cup warm water

2 tsp flax seeds

Raisins, nuts, etc. optional

Directions:Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl and add the water last. You can use an electric mixer. Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan and smooth out the top. Cover the dough with a towel or greased plastic wrap and let it rise for about and hour (until its doubled in size). Bake in a 350° oven for about 45 minutes (until a toothpick comes out clean).