Monday, June 16, 2008

My new quilt

I have a little secret and now I have to tell
I love to shop at stores that only are for resale.
I buy and buy lots of things which I don't really need.
Thinking one day I will want them for one special deed.


Ok, so what i do the most is buy clothes that have great fabric designs on them. It all started when I went to the quilt festival 2 years ago. I took a class from Pamela Allen, http://pamelart2.homestead.com/quiltythings.html, who is a fabulous quilt artist. She showed me a way of designing a collage quilt from fabric scraps. I was hooked from then on, but sadly, I have never finished any of the projects I've started. Here are the pictures of a quilt that i WILL finish this summer. I bought many pairs of antique gloves (for $2.00 each) and I will use one for the tree of life. You can see the pictures of how it is coming together. This isn't actually the style of collage quilting which i learned, but I will add some elements to that as I attach the design and embellishments.


This is the background for my quilt.
Green and brown for the ground
Red, Yellow, and orange for the sunset.
Blues for the night time sky.

These gloves will serve as the Tree of Life.
I am going to put a border around it with the saying:
ani l' dodi v'dodi li, I am my bloved and my beloved is mine