Thursday, July 31, 2008

My best friend



Four years ago, one of my best friends moved away. We had only been friends for a few years, however, we were tight, like Thelma and Louise. She got divorced, and wanted to move away and start a whole new life. I was very sad, and I felt a bit rejected. However, I knew it was the best thing for both her and her X. So she left, and I gave her the space of starting over. We never spoke again. We got the X in the divorce.


So how does one do it when you have 2 couples who are best of friends. The females are best friends and the males are best friends. No easy answer. She was very brave to move away, and I can happily say, she has blossomed. My friend is a happy newleywed. I'm so proud of her.


This past Sept or Oct. I contacted her and we've been in touch ever since. Finally the day came where we would meet...she was in Houston for a few days, helping a friend move into an apt for cancer treatment at md anderson. We spoke about a 100 times by phone, and only had a few hours over dinner to visit.
And once again, Thelma and Louse are back...