Sunday, April 13, 2008

sophie sunday


Ok, i've decided to dedicate my sundays to sophie, my granddaughter. I've always heard that being a granparent is even better then being a parent. How can that be, I thought. Well, I can tell you first hand.....it is. Not because you can love them, spoil them, and send then back when they are rotten. I believe it's because our own children grow up, leave the house and become grownups. As an empty nester, we miss having someone to care for, to nurture, to teach, and so much more. We love being needed, and being a grandparent brings all of that back to you. As you can see in the picture, Sophie is now at that age where she very much knows me and wants me to hold her. This is one of the moments that i've been waiting for as she has grown this year...waiting for her to put her hands out because she wants to go to me. I love being a grandma. It's the second best job in the world, next to being a mom.