Tuesday, May 1, 2007

happy birthday


Just a quick post...

Happy Birthday to my Adam, my second son. He's 27 today. Can't believe it. It's a big day for birthdays...Happy Birthday to my friends, Kathy (tic toc) and Marsha!!! And another happy birthday to Molly (my niece). I hope all your wishes come true. (and wish big, why not!)

more later
sharon




So here's the drama for yesterday: buddy was in the backyard and all of a sudden, he started barking and running around the deck. He kept sniffing around the deck, so i knew it was probably a squirrel or some little rodent that went under the deck. There's always some kind of critter in the backyard. Well, Buddy never came inside. I walked out to look for him, and he is sitting very still in the flower bed, with something in his mouth. I got him out of the flowerbed, and couldn't identify the critter in his mouth, I only saw white fur. Finally after a few minutes, he dropped it. There was fur all over his mouth, and he quickly ate the fur. I locked him in the house, and went to examine the little alien. It was a hairless, a newborn, and when i saw the pointy ears, i saw that it was a baby bunny. I went back to the flowerbed and found a furry little nest with another bunny inside. So now what am I going to do with buddy and this bunny. Buddy couldn't be left to go outside alone through the doggie door....he'd eat the other bunny. Heather told me not to bring it inside, but i deliberated the issue of trying to raise it. The internet had lots of detailed instructions, but really, too much work for me to do. It rained hard and i figured the bunny drowned. In the morning when i checked on the bunny, the nest was empty. Either the mother bunny moved it, or some other critter had a nice bunny for breakfast. Buddy won in the end, he got his backyard back.