Friday, May 18, 2007

shabbat shalom

Just do it
I always love fridays, not because I spend all afternoon in the kitchen preparing for shabbos. I love it because all of my kids come for dinner. Tonight will be extra special because my parents and eddie's mom is also coming. There is something about shabbat that brings the family unit together, recharging us all for the week to come. When I was growing up, every shabbat was spent at my grandparent's house. That's just what we did each week. My grandmother continued having shabbat until she had her stroke and went into a retirement home. Those weekly gatherings were not just a dinner...they were teaching us the value of family, friendships, and our judaism. I am proud to be carrying on this tradition, in memory of my grandma lil. I am also so very proud that my children want to come and when it is not possible for me to have dinner or i am out of town, they continue the tradition of shabbat on their own, all together.
Just do it....
Shabbat Shalom