Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Have you done your good deed today?

I am so excited to tell you about a mitzvah project that I am doing with my class. There is a blog post that I love to read: http://www.africankelli.com/. Kelli works for world health, travels to many exotic, third world places around the globe. She is going to Mozambique next month to work at an orphanage. In addition to working there, she is bringing the kids "goodie bags" filled with little necessities that we all have an abundance of.....soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste, washcloths, stickers, gum, bandana, (toiletries) etc. Each of my students is putting together a goodie bag, along with a personal message on a handmade card. We are translating the messages from English to Portuguese....a website that Kelli told me about. http://world.altavista.com/

If any of you would like to put together a goodie bag , just let me know and I will get it from you. All items need to be packed in a quart size ziploc bag and include a card with your picture on it. Hotel size toiletries work great, so if you have alot of these from hotels past and want to donate them to our class, that would be great!