Thursday, April 5, 2007

Spring is here












Over the weekend, while at the new house, I noticed a duck sitting in one of the trees. Later that day, I found 7 large duck eggs in the nook of the tree, resting among the down feathers. Today I went back to check on the eggs, and sadly, some animal had found the eggs and ate all of them. All of the eggs were totally gone with the exception of one piece of shell in the nest and a piece on the ground. I suppose that this is witness to the food chain.



While spring is in the air, so many of the roses are starting to bloom around the house. Also, I found one of my favorite flowers blooming: irises. My fig tree had alot of figs starting, however, I think the birds have already starting feasting on them. The tree must be a great gathering place for the ducks, there were 8 of them in the yard today. I love my new yard.